The journey within the mind, through a trance. - 11 July 2009

The journey within the mind, through a trance. On the aspect of Shri Shankar Maharaj.
Bharat Bhushan - 11 July 2009

Today, is a welcome holiday, of sorts. I want to get in to my mind, inside my mind and vacate it of all my thoughts. How should one go about it? I was reading the most interesting book - "Towards the silver crest of the Himalayas" by Shri G. K. Pradhan. It is supposed to be a book about Shri Shankar Maharaj. I wonder if it is so true, but we do get the book at Katraj, near the Shri Shankar Maharaj temple. I have bought several copies of the book and have given them away.



I tried to read the book again but the heart does not seem to be in it. I want to try the meditation like the one done by Shri G. K. Pradhan in the Himalayas. Can it actually be done in that manner? The aspect of Shankar Maharaj and Swami Samarth are unique. When I begin to think of them, they get into my mind. If they can enter my mind, then they can certainly help to empty my mind. In the book, Shri G. K. Pradhan is asked by his guruji to meditate, and focus his mind. He does so, and immediately thereafter goes into a trance. When he wakes up, he finds that he has been in meditation for more than a year, if not more, and that his appearance has changed totally.

He is amazed and he wants to do it again, but is now worried that he may not wake up or come out of the trance in time. Therefore he writes the book's final chapter and sends it back to his home and goes back to sit in the trance. There is no news after that. I am really shaken up by that chapter in that book. Can it be possible? Can one go into meditation in a trance and be able to sit in the trance for hours, days, weeks, months and years?

Shri Shankar Maharaj
[Copyright with the original owner]


How is it biologically possible? Will the body not deteriorate and fade out? Will it not die out? I am curious. I want to try it out. I want to see if one can go into a trance. What if I focus on Shri Shankar Maharaj and /or Shri Swami Samarth? Can I meditate properly? Can one go into a trance if one tries to or wants to go into one? I will have to try it out and experiment. This will be like a journey of the mind and I should explore his journey.

Will people be able to choose their intentions if one wants to enter this journey? Will it be possible to come out of the journey and be able to get out of the tra

No comments:

Post a Comment